Giving Our Warriors a Reason to Smile
One Small Gift at a Time
Children who are undergoing treatment for childhood cancer are required to stay at Children’s Hospital for extended periods of time. While some children are inpatient for weeks or months on end, other children come several times a week, for procedures that can last upwards of 8 hours. No matter the length of the stay the time is stressful, frightening, and tiring.
The goal of Paxton’s Treat Cart is very simple: to give these brave warriors a small way to revel in their childhood. A childhood that is often lost amongst the unacceptable reality of childhood cancer. With your fundraising efforts, you are giving one of the most important gifts that can be given to a child fighting against cancer: a reason to smile.
What's On Paxton's Treat Cart
Appealing to boys and girls from 0-18 years old, Paxton’s Treat cart is filled with:
- Books, Magazines, Puzzles
- Stuffed Animals: tags must be attached
- Candy: full sized bars, licorice ropes, gum, etc.
- Arts & Crafts Supplies:- clay, sketch-books, colored pencils, stickers, etc.
- Small Manicure Sets: nail polish, nail files, etc.
- Electric Toothbrushes, Toothpaste
- Chapstick, Lotion, Oils: Multi-ethnic, female, male
- Infant Toys
- Games: hand-held, travel-sized
- Lego Sets, Action Figures
- Flashlights, Night Lights
- Water Bottles
- Socks, Diapers
- Cozy Blankets
- Hats: sports teams, warm hats, fashion wear